Doritos has finally confirmed that the Crash the Super Bowl contest will be back for 2015, and instead of “going global,” this year the contest will be going “Universal” The winning filmmaker will receive a million dollars plus they’ll get a year-long “dream job” at Universal studios. Here’s FritoLay’s official announcement video:
The Crash the Super Bowl site is now live and the official rules have been posted. (http://doritos.com/crashthesuperbowl) Here are some of the highlights:
- FritoLay will begin accepting entries on September 12th, 2014.
- The deadline is November 9th, 2014.
- The contest will be semi-global again this year. You can enter if you live in any of these countries: Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Denmark, Egypt, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Ireland, Israel, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, South Africa, South Korea, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan and The United States of Awesome.
- All entries must be uploaded and submitted via youtube.
- This year the CTSB judges will pick and publish 30 semi-finalists in late November. Every semi-finalist (that doesn’t go on to win a bigger prize) will win $1,000.
- On January 5th, 2015, FritoLay will announce UP TO 10 FINALISTS. (Rather than the usual 5!) All 10 finalists will get to go to the Super Bowl and 8 of the 10 finalists will receive $25,000 each.
- The “First Place winner ” will be selected by a panel of judges from FritoLay. The winning filmmaker will receive $50,000 and their commercial MAY air during the Super Bowl.
- The “Grand Prize Winner” will be determined by a public vote. The winner will receive $1,000,000 and their commercial will air during the big game. On top of that, the grand prize winner will also get a “dream job” as a consultant at Universal Studios in California.
I don’t think anyone was supposed to notice that the CTSB site was live yet. So more details will be revealed on Thursday when the company officially announces the return of the contest. As always, we’ll be posting lots of updates about The Crash so be sure to check back here 20 or 30 times a day for the next 5 months.